Do you like to hike? Do you want to avoid crowds, tourist traps and kitschy gift shops? Hundreds of tourists visit the Karlštejn Castle every day. However, most of them take a traditional tour, and they miss the chance to visit the most impressive parts of the castle and to enjoy the most scenic view of the castle surrounded by woods.
If you join me for a walk, I’ll be happy to show you the Karlštejn area from a different perspective. My ancestors settled in the Karlštejn village more than one hundred years ago, and part of my family still live here. I like to walk in the forests around the castle, and I know many beautiful trails off the beaten track.
DISTANCE: 9 km (5.6 mi) walk
DURATION: 7 hours
• 35 min ride from Prague by train
• 2,5km walk (no crowds, no kitschy gift shops) to a hidden meadow with a spectacular view of the castle (a great photo spot)
• 1km walk to the Karlštejn Castle
• courtyards of the Karlštejn Castle
• facultative guided tour (55 min): Private and representative halls of the Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV.)
• 0,5km walk to a local restaurant (lunch around 1.15 pm)
• 5km walk (through woods and meadows) to the train station
• refreshment in a local café
• 45 min ride to Prague by train
• train tickets
• food and drinks.
• facultative guided tour "Private and Representative Halls of the Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV." at the Karlštejn Castle (330 CZK per person)
Prague Main Train Station (Praha, Hlavní nádraží).
If you stay in districts Praha 1 or 7, I can pick you up at your hotel.
Praha Hlavní nádraží (Main Train Station)
Discover the city beyond limits of your guidebook & skip the tourist traps with Gudilo!