Prague Off the Beaten Path (Historic Centre & Beyond) — Discover romantic places of historical interest, not crowded with tourists, and new city neighbourhoods pulsating with daily life, parks and scenic views, modern architecture, public transport, local restaurants, cafés, pubs, shops and cultural events.
I was born in Prague and I love my hometown. During the three decades of my life in Prague, I have gathered a lot of experience and knowledge about my birthplace and I would be delighted to share this with you.
Basic itinerary of my favourite bike trip:
• meeting in Naměstí Republiky Square, where we pick up bikes for you
• former headquarter of the Communist Party
• Letná Park: popular beer garden, great views, pedestal of the former Stalin’s monument
• Queen Anne's Summer Palace in the Northern Garden of the Prague Castle
• New World: village-like quarter with picturesque houses and bumpy pavement
• Hradčany (Castle District): Baroque pilgrimage site Loretto, monumental Czernin Palais and Strahov Monastery
• Petřín Hill Park: scenic views, exciting downhill
• Memorial to the Victims of Communism
• time for lunch in a local restaurant
• Kampa Island Park: popular picnic spot, Babies statues by David Černý
• Charles Bridge and short history of floods in Prague
• streets of Malá Strana (Lesser Town) and the Vltava beach with swans
• 10 minutes ride by metro to the Vinohrady district
• impressive church of the Most Sacred Heart of Our Lord
• Rieger Park: view of the historical centre and the Prague Castle, popular beer garden
• Žižkov Television Tower with climbing Babies by David Černý
• "Paneláky": concrete panel buildings from the communist era
• Parukářka Hill Park: popular hangout spot, wide view
• Vítkov Hill: National Memorial, giant equestrian statue of Jan Žižka
• time for coffee in the hip neighbourhood Karlín
Every day in Prague is different and every visitor is unique. I will be happy to prepare a custom-made tour for you personally, to suit your wishes and interests!
• bike rental
• tickets for the Prague public transport
• food & drinks
Náměstí Republiky, Praha 1 – Nové Město
Discover the city beyond limits of your guidebook & skip the tourist traps with Gudilo!